Saturday, January 7, 2012

Day 7 of the 365 Day Green Home Challenge...

   Sorry I am behind today...having a busy weekend...today's challenge is to replace all of your incandescent light bulbs with fluorescent bulbs...incandescent bulbs are not very energy efficient, hence the replacement of bulbs quite frequently due to lack of durability and the threat of Mercury contamination to ourselves and the environment. Imagine millions of light bulbs that are just sitting in landfills with all that contamination. 

       Although fluorescent bulbs are more pricey, they last twice as long or even longer....I have yet to replace any in my home since moving in back in May of last year. If you are unable to replace all of your bulbs at once, just change out a few at a time or switch out whenever an incandescent bulb blows. 


     Even though you will initially spend more per fluorescent bulb, in the long run you will save. I have not bought new bulbs in almost a year, when using the old bulbs I found I was buying them literally on a monthly basis. So let your lights shine Greenie Babies!


Love and Light, 
Nirvani

No comments:

Post a Comment