Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Day 11 of the 365 Day Green Home Challenge...

    This morning I got up and made a delicious Green shake and thought I ought to share it as today's Green Challenge..I make these shakes all the time and actually throw in just about anything that is good for me! I don't usually take measurements, but will give you an idea and then I suggest you do a little experimenting on your own or check out some websites that are all about Green Shakes!


I will say that you have to have a relatively good blender...my old one did not blend everything down to liquid...but I love my KitchenAid...it works beautifully! Investing in a good blender is well worth it!

Here are the ingredients I used in this morning's shake...

1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1 medium sized banana (very ripe work great)
1/2  cup plain Greek yogurt
1 cup almond milk (or whatever milk you prefer)
2 tablespoons flaxseed
1/4 of Matcha Green Tea whey protein
1 tablespoon honey (optional..good if you like more sweetness)
small cup of crushed ice

Blend all ingredients together thoroughly...as you can see the blueberries add a nice color to your Green shake and make it appear more appetizing...and let me tell you this was one yummy shake! I could barely taste the spinach...it was quite sweet with the honey...so give it a try Greenie babies...this is a fantastic way to get your green veggies in for the day...you could do a shake a couple times a day and get all you need! Happy Blending Greenie babies!

Love and Light,
Nirvani

P.S. Here is a site with some other combinations...I add the flaxseed and Matcha for additional nutrition...
Green Diva Mom



No comments:

Post a Comment